Short Sales and Foreclosures
Today’s real estate market is dynamic. Through short sales and foreclosure properties, sellers and buyers have additional opportunities to sell or purchase homes that are a great value.
Sellers who think they are out of options
A REALTOR® with the SFR® certification can assist owners in understanding all of their options.
By evaluating each individual’s situation, the SFR®can:
- Explain the differences between a short sale and a forclosure
- Recommend finance, tax, and legal specialists
- Suggest the seller seek foreclosure avoidance assistance
- Alert homeowners to rescue scams
Buyers who open to unique opportunities
A REALTOR® with the SFR® certification can guide a buyer through the distressed property transaction.
Through the process, the SFR® will:
- Describe the differences between a short sale and a foreclosuer
- Counsel buyers and reduce risk
- Guide the transaction from start to finish, including closing dates, inspection and appraisal expectations
- Prepare the buyer for expected time frames for lender approval